Saturday, October 3, 2009

Montana

We debated about going up to Montana on Tuesday or Wednesday, finally deciding to go Tuesday after Mike spent the day at BYU Idaho. We were glad we went when we did because it started snowing early Wednesday morning. Luckily we were able to drive up on dry roads, but still got to enjoy some snow.

The first skiff of AWESOME packing snow! It was so wet and heavy!

Mike borrowed snow clothes from my dad and made the bottom two sections of a HUGE snowman.

Since we didn't have snow clothes for the girls, we only had them help put the face on. (Winter travel from Hawaii is tricky that way. We only had sweatshirts, pants and tennis shoes.)

"What is this white stuff? I'm not sure I like it. Although, it does taste better than the sand I'm used to."

We got our dose of snow! YAY!

You've read the book, Snowmen at Night? "So if you're snowman's grin is crooked or he's lost a little height, you'll know he's just been doing what snowmen do at night!"

Sledding with Grandpa. Mom called a friend and borrowed some snow clothes so the girls could go sledding on Grandpa's hill.

The sledding hill was perfect. We got just enough snow to use it, but it wasn't crazy cold!

We tried to go snowshoeing at Bridger Bowl but there wasn't enough snow so we just hiked instead. Mom wasn't feeling well so she wasn't up for the hike. We missed having her there.


Brynlee didn't love the hiking backpack or having to be bundled up. (I guess she is a Hawaii girl!) She still wasn't feeling very well and I think she was cold. At the top she was pretty upset, so I took her out of the pack and zipped her into my jacket and she fell right to sleep. It was amazing how much warmer it is with an extra body. I felt bad I didn't take her out earlier.

It was a beautiful view! We took a picture of the girls sitting on the ski lift chair on Mom's camera, but I guess we didn't get one with ours. They thought that was pretty cool and were wishing that it was on so they didn't have to walk "all the way to the top!"

1 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Katrina, I've been following your exploits for awhile now via Jolene's page. Looks like you are a happy woman with a sweet family. Next time you're in our area (I live near Jo), we should get together and reacquaint.
Happy New Year!
Katie (Allstot) Johnson