Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life is a Highway!

In preparation for our trip, we were deciding where to rent a car and what kind. After comparing the different costs from different companies, I suggested that we see if anyone rents a Dodge Charger. Mike has LOVED these cars for awhile and I have wanted to take him on a date to test drive one or rent one for a day or something. (I didn't make it happen when we lived in Idaho, and now that we live on the opposite side of the island as anything else, it hasn't happened.)

There was only one car rental place that even had Chargers and luckily for us, they were the best deal too. So we decided to upgrade to the bigger car and request the Charger. It was well worth the little extra money. I was grateful for the extra space and Mike loved driving it! He didn't even share much. He has really missed driving since we moved here. He walks to work everyday and I often make our Honolulu trip during the week. He is lucky to drive the car once a week. (And it's a minivan.)

Once again, I didn't take any pictures of us with the car, but found this one on my phone. I took it to show my friend in Hawaii the snow.


The drive up to Montana was absolutely GORGEOUS! It is a beautiful drive any time of the year, but the fall is especially pretty. I LOVE fall colors and thoroughly enjoyed not missing out on them this year! Everyone will have to send me pictures of next fall. I love the cool, crisp weather and the beautiful colors. It is one of my favorite seasons. I don't know if I have told this story on here, but for lack of time to research if I have, I will tell it again. (Do you want a blog post or not?)

My mom, Peggy, loved the fall and as we would drive around each fall she would rant and rave about the beautiful colors. And every time we (the kids) would hassle her about it. I do really enjoy the colors, but as a way to teach my family about my Mom and to remember her, I rant and rave just like she used to and tell them about her.


This was the only picture we took inside the car, on our way up to Idaho. Please note-the hairdos are a result of having spent all night on an airplane.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

That car was great! Kevin loved that you were showing off the snow... and there was just a tiny bit! :)