Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sister Bergstrom


This is my fabulous college professor from Ricks College. Sister Bergstrom taught Interpersonal Communications to not only me, but Melinda, Jason, and Lynette, too (all in different semesters). It was a phenomenal class with so many life/communication skills learned. Of the college classes I have taken, many I can't even remember the teachers' names. But not this class. I remember several specific lessons she taught and even most of my classmates.

Bergstrom was here last week and was the devotional speaker. She was amazing as usual! Here is the link if you'd like to watch it http://devotional.byuh.edu/node/361. I think that she could talk about dirt and entertain and teach me. After devotional, Mike and I went to her luncheon and it was great too! She and her husband are such wonderful people! Then Wednesday morning she came over and we went on a walk to the temple and visited for a few hours. It was so good to hang out with her.

We both got a little emotional at some point in our conversation-one thing she told me was that she met our family at a great time for her. Her oldest three kids are the same ages of Melinda, Lynette and I. She said that because of some of the challenges she saw the four of us struggling with, she was able to see things in her kids and was able to help them. That was something I didn't know. It reminded me how Heavenly Father puts people into our lives for a reason. He loves us and knows what and who we need to help us along our path. And sometimes, the people who help us needed us too.


The view from above the temple-one of my favorite places in Laie. It is above Laie so you can see the ocean too. It is beautiful, quiet and peaceful.

The view with the temple in the background.

1 comments:

Sara said...

I love Sister Bergstrom! I had her for interpersonal communications, too, and she was such a wonderful teacher.