Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference

The First Presidency
Henry B. Eyring, Thomas S. Monson, Dieter F. Uchdorf

When Whitney found out that we were going to be on the mainland for General Conference, she was so excited and asked if we could "please go see President Monson." She knew you had to be eight to go to the Conference Center and was very excited that be eight and newly baptized. We weren't planning on being in Utah yet for Conference, but since she was so excited to see the prophet, we wanted to do everything we could to make it happen. We were able to find three tickets to the Sunday morning session and my friend, Emily, volunteered to watch Bryn and Kenna. (Thanks, Em!) Whitney colored a picture for President Monson thinking she would be able to meet him and give him the picture. I don't think she had any concept of how many people (21,000+) would be at Conference. It was very sweet. I guess we'll have to mail it to him. We got up before 5 a.m. to get to Conference from Idaho.

The night before we left, we let the girls fall asleep with their cousins. It was so cute listening to them whisper with each other. (I wish we had taken a picture.) Em was bummed that she didn't have a "twin" so I climbed up with her and talked with her until she was ready to sleep. We miss all the little things we enjoyed living two miles apart!

Sorry- the pictures are terrible. We forgot the camera in the car and only had Mike's phone that didn't do so well with the lights.

It was a special time to share with Whitney. She was full of questions. When President Monson walked in, the whole congregation stood. I felt the Spirit confirm to me that he is a prophet of God. I leaned down and whispered to Whitney what I felt and she told me that she felt it too. It was well worth the extra effort. I hope she remembers that feeling forever!

1 comments:

Jenna said...

Tell Whitney that I've never been in the Conference Center for a conference session so she's cooler than I am. :) --I have been there for a RS General Meeting. And I've been to conference when it was in the Tabernacle-sang in a session when I was at Ricks. But never the Conference Center. Lucky girl!