Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2nd First Day of School

They didn't start school until after Presidents' Day because they had to get a TB test and it takes 48 hrs to read so their first day was a week after we got here. The girls wanted to wear the same thing they wore for their first day of school in Idaho. I did much better this time around - no tears. But I got a phone call from the school every day their first week with one of them in tears. The first day I was in devotional so the phone was turned off. I felt really bad because Whitney was pretty upset. But what can you do? They are both doing much better now, after a lot of time spent at the school. I have been glad to be able to get to know their teachers and friends. And luckily we are just right across the street.

Devotional was great! Sheri Dew was here and spoke about needing to be strengthened against Satan because he is working harder than ever. One thing that really spoke to me was the need to come to understand how the Holy Ghost speaks to me personally. A simple concept, but something I have started trying to understand better. It was excellent. If anyone is interested the talk can be found on byuh.edu under devotionals. Maybe that isn't at all what she said, but that is what I heard. I love how the holy ghost works that way.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

I have a hard time understanding what the Holy Ghost is trying to tell me too. I'm going to have to read that talk! I noticed the girls had the same thing on as in Idaho! How cute. I'm glad to hear they are doing better. They are amazing girls.