Thursday, February 19, 2009

Famine

CHECK BELOW THIS POST - I'M PERIODICALLY ADDING NEW THINGS. HAWAII PICTURES SOON!

I wrote this awhile ago in hopes that I would get caught up, but that hasn't happened. Most of this is past tense, but I am not going to take the time to change it - do you want a post or not?! We are now in Hawaii and going on three weeks of living out of suitcases. There are only so many meals that you can cook with just a frying pan and sauce pan, plastic utensils and no microwave. We are excited to get settled and figure out what our new "normal" is going to be. Everyone here has been so kind and willing to help. We are so grateful to everyone! Especially the Tuellers!!! Hawaii pics to come soon!

I apologize for the famine in the past three months. We have been absolutely crazy! As you read you will see why. I keep hoping that I will do posts periodically, but then end up doing marathon sessions instead. I have lots to post. Just to prepare any avid readers of this blog, there is a good chance there will be another famine. So you may want to read just one post per day so it doesn't seem so bad. We have accepted at job at BYU Hawaii where Mike will be the Director of Communications and Marketing. This will be a HUGE change and adjustment for everyone, but we are excited for the memories and growth that will come from it.

There was some serious contention surrounding this decision and our share of singing "Love at Home" on the couch, but we finally decided to accept an adventure of a lifetime. I am already excited to leave the cold - January is a good time to leave Idaho. This will be an amazing experience for our family as well as for Mike in his career. One of the first questions the girls asked was if they could do their homework on the beach. There is a public access very close to our house. I counted 199 steps from our driveway to the beach. That will be a lot of fun. We are very sad to leave family, but hope to get lots of visitors.

With all that said - would anyone still like to reprimand me for being a slacker blogger? I have to reduce my household items to 6,000 lbs and will be without it for up to 35 days (that includes the computer - so there is yet another famine on the horizon). Hopefully once we get settled, I will be able to be a more faithful blogger. Promises, promises.

In an attempt to get caught up, I haven't been working on recent posts, but I better start from now and work backward or none of it will happen. So keep looking below this post for new stuff. And note the dates - they should be about when they actually happened.

8 comments:

Brittney said...

ok... deep breath... I am now plunging into the Johanson's lives!!!! I don't think I have the self control to limit to just one post a day. I will probably read them all today! :)

Alan and Lynette said...

Yeah...I didn't even think about trying to control myself:) So exciting:)

riggs family said...

What an exciting couple of months!!! So many changes, but you're smilling through them all. I'm so excited for this new phase in your lives, and I'm going to hold you to the come and visit invitation.
love you guys!!!

Arianne said...

I am so excited for you!! I hope you enjoy your time in Hawaii!! The north shore is so beautiful! Tell Michael that we are very excited for him and his new job. The girls must love the warm weather, Idaho is so cold right now!! I was just talking to a friend the other day and we were saying how we can't wait to wear flip flops, I bet you have yours on now!! Good luck.

Adespain said...

Wow!! I'm so glad you blogged into us. Congrats on Hawii. I'm living in Ohio getting ready to start Medical School in August. I don't know if that is apparent in our blog or not. Looks like you guys are doing great.

Jordon Despain

My Angels said...

The girls have been asking whether they will ever get to see you again!! Kind of a hard question to answer. I am glad of blogging, at least we can keep in touch via pictures and posts. The girls have spent more time than I have reading and commenting on the pictures. Sounds like things are still crazy, but you are sweet to take what little time you have to post, look forward to seeing the rest!!

Bowman Bunch said...

Crazy, I didn't hear that you guys had moved to Hawaii. That would be quite a change, but none the less it will be a great opportunity for all of you. That is awesome! I wish I was there now. It sounds warm. How long do you plan to live there or do you have any idea.

riggs family said...

please, please send me the web sites on training for a half marathon to me!!!! That would be great!!