Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rescued Again!

I had just finished making dinner and we sat down to eat and heard a loud pop . . . pop . . . pop outside, followed by losing power. After further investigation, the power line outside our house was on fire. Kind of exciting! Luckily, dinner was done cooking and we got to eat by candlelight-very romantic! (Actually, we didn't have any candles, so we settled for a flashlight.) Well, I hadn't gotten to the laundry yet, intending to do it as soon as we finished dinner. But those plans were foiled by our power outage. It wouldn't have been a big deal, except Mike needed this load done for work the next day. I would have just gone the old-fashioned route and washed them all by hand, except that the sewer pump is run by electricity so if you use too much water-it backs up into the yard. (Not so pleasant.) And I wasn't sure how long we would be without power. So Kimballs to the rescue AGAIN! I ran over to their house and Teresa and I played card games while we waited for the laundry to finish. THANK YOU!

The garage opener is also run by power, and is kind of a pain to re-set so I decided to take the bike instead.

Mike found it comical watching me try to ride away balancing the laundry basket on the handlebars. It looks easier than it really was! :) I had visions of dumping the basket of clean clothes on my way home. Luckily we made it-and everything was still clean! I guess I shouldn't wait to do laundry until we are out of clothes, eh?!

2 comments:

Katy said...

You do look a little like Dorothy riding you bike! The butterfly looks like so much fun. Bridger has one in his class right now and it is fun to hear about it. I think it is so funny how your older girls pose so well for pictures! Bryn looks so big in her pink swimming suit.

Alan and Lynette said...

LOVE IT! You are so lucky to have Teresa there! This story puts a little smile on my face:)