Saturday, December 19, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings!

We were due for a town trip and I debated taking it on Monday alone with just Bryn. In the end, we decided to all go on Saturday instead for which I am VERY grateful! Two miles from Costco we got a flat tire going 60 mph on the highway. We were able to move safely off the road, and changed the tire. Unfortunately, our spare was flat before we got there, but we limped along and were able to get there. As soon as we were off the road, I started counting my blessings that I wasn't alone with Bryn. After Mike got the tire changed, we said a prayer of gratitude that we were safe and that we had come that day instead of Monday.

I would have been ok. A prerequisite to getting my drivers' license was I had to be able to change a tire. But I was so grateful I didn't have to do it with Bryn screaming in her carseat. I was ever so grateful that I my awesome husband was with me and I hadn't been alone. We were truly inspired to go on Saturday.

2 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Sometimes its the little things that happen that brings us to a recollection of the blessings we have. Glad you and your family were safe and your hubby was there to help yall on your way.

Blake and Tristan said...

Hey Katrina, I found your blog through Cherise's blog. It was fun to see what you guys are up to.
Tristan Downs Meyers