Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Beach Birthday Party

Whitney's birthday party began with our traditional breakfast of "Rolly" (Swedish) Pancakes with friends. Then . . . to the beach!

The beach is a FABULOUS and FREE place to go for a birthday party! I am continually surprised how long kids can be entertained by jumping the waves and playing in the sand. They had a lot of fun!

I was recently talking to a friend about hobbies and wondered if I really have any hobbies. I don't scrapbook or read or any typical hobbies, but I've have decided that I am not completely boring. I do really enjoy making the girls cute cakes and I do enjoy doing their hair. Those are hobbies, right? Not so much relaxing, but enjoyable-especially the final product. Mike once asked me why I spend so much time on their cakes to just have it cut up and eaten. Well, it' the girls can tell you every cake they have had so far-that's why! And they love it! That makes all the time worth it!

Morgan came at the perfect time and was able to attend the party.

They were sure to include Morgan in all the party festivities (except for the wave jumping). Unfortunately, there was a small accident with a shark where she lost her foot, but we saved her and decided she was safer to just stay on the sand. :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That cake is amazing! What did you do the daisies out of? Fondant?

Yolanda said...

I love the cake! It is so worth it!