Friday, September 25, 2009

My Baptism Day

When we moved here, baptisms were done in the ocean. Whitney thought that was pretty neat and had her heart set on being baptized here. But then in March our area general authority decided that it is best for them to be moved to the church and font for reverence. So Whitney decided it would be better to go be baptized in Idaho with Savanna so everyone could be there.







Grandma Jones made their blessing dresses and also their beautiful baptism dresses. Thank you, Grandma!

Since we weren't there for the stake baptism day, our previous bishop made arrangements and we were able to let Whitney and Savanna have their very own day. It couldn't have been more perfect. They sang a duet that I sang at my baptism and made everyone cry. It was very sweet.

There were so many people at the baptism! Bishop Burton, in his closing remarks, had them both come up and turn and look at everyone that had come to support them. And pointed out that all those people were there just for them-two loved little girls! I loved that. Thanks to all who came and made great sacrifices to be there. It was a perfect day! (If only Bryn and I hadn't been sick and I had a voice-that would have made the day complete.)

We were honored that Grandma and Grandpa Bowman came all the way to be at the baptism! What a special treat!

Grandpa, Grandma and the Jones grandkids

I love it that my girls know and love my grandparents! They are so wonderful!

2 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

Holy cow, girl! I didn't realize how far behind I am in reading blogs until I got on here!!! Your girls are so beautiful and fun!!! Thanks for including the fun little pictures and stories that bring out who they are...I love that...

Jenna said...

Great post, Katrina. This will be a wonderful memory for Whitney. It was a special day for us as well. I am really glad that we got to see Whitney be baptized, so thanks for coming home to do it. :)