Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9th Anniversary!

For our real anniversary (June 30th) we were at ward camp. This was our 2nd anniversary in 9 years that we've spent camping (not alone). On our 1st anniversary we were at a family reunion and I was 7 months prego with Whitney. The picture of romance, don't you think?
We celebrated our anniversary on July 3rd. We got a babysitter, Brynlee's first that wasn't family, and went snorkeling. I just loving being with my sweetheart-no matter what we are doing! I can't believe it has been 9 years! And what an amazing adventure it has been!

I have learned that I still have some technique issues to work through with snorkeling though. When my fingers start to go numb it is time for me to be done. I have now connected this to hyperventilating. Something in my brain tells me I can't breathe under water so I have to force myself to breathe. The same thing happened to me in each of my labors with my girls. (Except that I wasn't underwater). When we went with Melinda and Lynette, I didn't realize what was happening and when we finally got out my entire hands were numb and my lips were blue. Oops! But now I know.

In years past we have had rolly pancakes (swedish pancakes) for our birthdays and have treated our anniversary as our family birthday. But since there are so many birthdays/special occasions to have rolly pancakes in May and June, we decided to start a new tradition this year. For our first dinner as a new "family" on our wedding day we ordered pizza into our hotel. So I made homemade pizza and we had a movie night. It was fun to get some time with just Mike snorkeling, but then still get to celebrate our family's birthday together too. I think this will be the new tradition. I love my family!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Here's to the world's most perfect couple!! May you celebrate many, many more happy anniversaries!

Alan and Lynette said...

Happy...very belated anniversary:) Did you see any HUGE yellow fish on this time out?