Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beach Excursion

After having been here for 5 weeks I FINALLY put my swimming suit on. "Where is the proof," you ask? Well, let's not be ridiculous. I still only got wet up to my knees, but that's progress, right?! Brynlee fell asleep on the way and slept for 2 hours letting us play. She must like the sound of the ocean because she rarely naps like that at home. It was so much fun to build our sandcastle and moat and watch at the girls' disgust that a wave could so easily destroy all of our hard work. But they quickly went to work repairing it and digging the moat out, again. I am not sure I will love the beach once Brynlee is mobile though. Sand has a way of getting EVERYWHERE! But I am sure you are all thinking you don't want to hear it - because I get to be in the sand and sun instead of snow. But we do miss you!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

So where is the proof? Surely there must be one photo of you that you'd be willing to share? Mike--put one up. We all want to see your beautiful face, Katrina, just as much as your girls'. :) Truthfully, that is one of the things that I miss when I look back at our pictures--that I am in so few of them. No matter what we think of ourselves, we must think about our posterity! They want to see what mom/grandma/great-grandma looked like. So let's see one! :)

The Black's said...

Okay pick me, pick me. I want to come play. I am so jealous. Looks like you guys are enjoying Hawaii. I think that I would too. I definitely will have to come visit sometime while you are there. Looks like WAY to much fun.