Sunday, September 28, 2008

Whitney's Birthday!


I can't believe my Whitney turned 7! That is so crazy! She got to have two birthdays - one on her actual day that Grandma and Grandpa Jones got to be here for and one with some friends the weekend after. It was a lot of fun. For the family birthday, I told her we were going to do cupcakes and so she thought it would be fun to do a tic-tac-toe board. (In case you can't tell.) The cake for her friend party - she wanted a butterfly, instead of a character so I decided to try it a "simpler" way. I think I probably spent about as much time on it as I have for their other cakes. (Even though the website said it would only take 20 minutes to put together - HA HA!) Maybe I will do a blog post of some character cakes I have done in the past - just for fun. Anyway - I enjoy doing the cakes and the girls love them and can tell you most of the cakes they have had - so I guess it is ok that it takes so many hours.

Whitney is such a blessing in our family! She is a great helper and is very thoughtful of others. She fills the "big sister" role very well and can't wait for the new baby. We have had a few babies around a lot recently and she is especially good with them. She will be such a good helper. School comes pretty easy for her - she is a really good student and especially likes reading and math.

Tic-Tac-Toe cupcakes



She doesn't like the smoke smell

Friends and Cousins

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That butterfly cake is awesome! I've been pretty lazy in the cake making department the last few years. I need to step it back up. The girls are all so cute!

Alan and Lynette said...

WHOA!! Nice work! That is a pretty darn amazing cake...I always want to get into cake decorating but really...I'd try to make a monster truck and it would turn out looking like Dora...I just know it... :)