Sunday, September 28, 2008

Utah Trip

We got to go with Mike to convention in SLC the week before school started. (August 18-23) It was a lot of fun! He worked pretty long hours and we played. What can be better than that? I felt bad that he had to work so much, but we had a great time visiting with friends we haven't seen for awhile. We got to start the week as a family on Temple Square. It was fun just wandering around and being together to start off the crazy week.

I wasn't always good about taking pictures of everything, so we missed pictures of some of our friends. We went swimming with Marci, Zack and Evan, and forgot to take the camera out so I included a picture of their family from earlier in the month. We sure miss them!

While down in UT county, we visited several people and had a great time! We have so many good friends down there - sorry if I didn't get a picture of you in here! We met Jenna and her kids at Thanksgiving Point and LOVED the museum. We spent 3 hours there and could have stayed longer, but it was closing.

We also got forgot to take pictures of dinner with Jess and Jake. We met Jake at their wedding, but this gave us a chance to get to know him a little better. He had the girls laughing and adoring him within minutes of sitting down and it continued the whole time we ate and talked. Hopefully they didn't drive him crazy! You did good, Jess!

Thursday, we met Emily at the Church History Museum in the I am a Child of God Exhibit. The girls loved it and it gave Em and I a chance to visit. It is a completely hands-on exhibit. We spent quite a bit of time there. So many neat things to see and do. We also went to the Visitors' Center and watched The Legacy. The girls hadn't ever seen it. When it was over, Whitney turned to me and said, "There were a lot of people that weren't very nice to the pioneers and they didn't even do anything." What a great legacy we have been given. I am grateful for the sacrifices that the pioneers made. They had such courage and faith!

Friday we went to the Hogle Zoo with our neighbors who were also down for convention. It was very fun. We loved the bird show and seeing all of the animals. It is nice that the kids are old enough to be able to walk and not complain. I included a picture from when we were there 4 yrs ago - I had remembered taking that picture of Kenna so we had to get a current one. She has sure changed! But still just as cute! I didn't get one of Whitney that day (4yrs ago) because she wouldn't stand by the ape. It is sure fun to compare pictures! They grow so fast!

So Mike didn't sleep much that week and worked a lot. As you can see - we played a lot! We are greatful for him and all the hard work he does to provide for our family. He is amazing! I don't know how he does all that he does. He is such a great husband and father! We love him so much!!!!

2 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

I am just super impressed! Not only did you get a bunch of posts, you even did a slideshow!!!! You're getting hooked...I can just feel it...and I'm so glad! It warms my little heart to see you guys and what you're up to...I love you...

Alan and Lynette said...

Can I just say...I detest those word verifications!!! It takes me two times every time!!!!