Wednesday, July 16, 2008

28 Weeks!


Here is my growing tummy. I am terrible at getting my picture taken - this was about try 15 - in all the others I have red eye. The only ones I didn't have it was the one Mike took of just my belly and the one that I purposely closed my eyes. You can't have red eye if they are closed, right? I know that is a fixable problem, but I don't have time to fuss with it - so this is what you get. I don't know if I just forgot how much babies move inside or if this baby is more active than my girls. She is all over the place - pushing out both sides at the same time. The girls think it is really fun to watch her move and see my tummy go crazy. It is so cute to hear them laugh and guess what she is doing and which body part is poking out. They already love her so much!


A few weeks ago we went to see a fantastic perinatologist, Dr. Belfort. He was very thorough and gave us the good news that this baby's heart looks good. He first had his Echo Tech run the machine while he watched and then he took over to double check. When this picture of her face came up the tech thought we needed it so she printed it for us. Dr. Belfort has diagnosed the heart defect Makenna had (TAPVR) in utero before and was very confident that everything on this baby looked good. We are counting our blessings. I think until I see her and know for sure, I will always have our Kenna memory in the back of my head, but it was a huge relief. Now we just need to find a name. I keep having dreams about not having a name for her. The most recent one was she was all dressed in her blessing outfit ready to be blessed with no name. It is a good thing we still have 12 weeks!

6 comments:

riggs family said...

I'm so glad that all was well with the ultra sound!!! I've seen tapvr babies, and it is very scary for the families!!! By the ultra sound picture i'd say mike is going to have his hands full chasing the boys away from this one too!! I love your belly, and i wish that we lived closer so our kids good be good buddies. I miss you tons!!!
Lisa

Chereebee said...

you have the cutest, littlest belly! It's been so fun getting to know you!
It will be fun having our babies at the same time! :)

Alan and Lynette said...

You are the cutest little prego!! (Good job taking pictures, btw...I say that's the hardest part!) And I love that little picture of Baby Girl! (Name of the day: Najuela :))Pretty amazing!!!

Christa J. said...

CHRISTA has seven letters....

Emily said...

Katrina, I love reading through your blog. You guys looks so happy and full of life. You look like you're carrying your little one well, meaning the only thing that looks like you're expecting is your tummy. I love for dads to read to their kids. So sweet. Thanks for all the updates.

Bowman Bunch said...

Hey Katrina i saw your blog from Lynette so i hope you don't mind. If you want to visit ours just email me at ajsatellite@gmail.com. I will then send you an invite. You are so cute prego. It is fun to see how your little family is doing.Janell