Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brynlee's Half Birthday

18lbs 8oz - 26 1/2 inches long! Hopefully this is the only time in her life that she doubles her weight in 6 months. She is such an angel! She continues to be a happy girl and wonderful baby. I am a spoiled mom! The word schedule isn't in her vocabulary so everyday is a surprise. Sometimes she naps for 20 minutes, other times it is two hours. And, naturally, she always decides to take her long naps when we have somewhere to go. But she is fabulous at night 11-ish hours, so it's a trade-off that I'm ok with.

2 days old

6 months old - Her blanket is getting so small!

About 5 hours before she officially turned 6 months, we tried rice cereal for the first time. She was a natural. The past 2-3 weeks she has become very fascinated with our food. We started letting her drink water from our cup and she loves it. We end up wearing most of it, but you've got to start somewhere, right? We tried to video her first attempt at food, but it didn't turn out very good and it wouldn't load on here for some reason, so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

She really wanted to "help" me put the spoon in her mouth so she had as much cereal on her hand as she did that actually made it into her mouth.

She's all smiles - give me some meat and potatoes! I've gotta put these two teeth to good use!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

You have such darling girls! I love reading your blog and e-catching up with you!
So do you think Brynlee looks more like Whitney or McKenna?

Brittney said...

She is adorable!! I love it!! K, Eyan weighs 19 lbs!! hahaha, someone at church yesterday commented on how big our baby is getting... their little girl is younger than Eyan and she was walking.. :) I don't think he's really a baby anymore! I can't believe how big she is!!! Keep up the good work on the blog!!!6

Alan and Lynette said...

I can't believe she's so OLD! And she really is darling!
I think the island theme is great! Totally cute!

JoMama said...

She's ADORABLE. How did you paint her toenails???? I can't get Adelaide to stop wiggling, kicking, & jiggling for one second... I'm impressed! Happy 6 months Brynlee, you are toooo cute Miss. :)

Jenna said...

She is so chunky!! I love her round little face and rolly thighs! What a sweet girl. I'm so glad you have her to bring you so much happiness.

Chereebee said...

oh she is so dang cute!! I love her!! And so does Cooper! :)

Amy said...

Oh she's getting so cute! Jace still thinks of you, and we do the letter K...it always starts Miss Katrina's name. Hope you don't mind, Shannen shared you blog and its been fun checking in on you. Looks like Hawaii suits you!

Desmond Doings said...

I miss being there for the little things. She's growing up so fast. I can't believe that she already 6 months old. I love you.

julie said...

What a cutie - just like your other girls. I've missed a lot of blogs, so it was fun catching up. How are YOU enjoying Hawaii?

Cherise said...

I loved your girls' talks. It's nice to hear a real testimony from kids and it looks like you are doing such a great job at teaching them about the gospel. Did I already ask how Whitney hurt her fingers? What fell on them?