Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Friend, Jack

Can anyone classify this friend? We aren't exactly sure what he is - but the girls enjoyed having him be our pet for the day. That is the best kind - for a day. We found him out on our covered porch. He wasn't around for more than 5 minutes before the girls named him Jack. Kenna had a friend over and she wasn't afraid at all. She chased him all around the porch until she caught him. Unfortunately, he wasn't too excited about being caught and bit onto her hand and wouldn't let go. (Maybe that is why she hasn't come back to play.)


She didn't panic or anything, but calmly told me that it hurt a little. If it had been Whitney or Kenna, they wouldn't have picked it up in the first place, but they certainly would not have been calm about it being attached to their hand! I tried to pry it off with my nail, but no luck. Luckily I thought to get a stick and successfully detached it from her hand. I figured they would be done playing with him after his viciousness, but no. He didn't bite again after that and all three of them had him crawling up their arms and everything. They loved it. I think he must have enjoyed it too, because he didn't try to get out of the porch area. That evening they set him free. See - no mess or clean-up, no feeding, lots of entertainment and pictures, everyone is happy. That is my kind of pet!









Kenna's brave friend. (Jack is under the chair)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Top of my head, I'd say Green Anole.

Welcome back to the land of blogging!! I totally hear you on getting more done and being more pleasant when I don't spend as much time on the computer! =0) But it's so addictive!

JoMama said...

Love it. Kids are great. Thank the Lord you don't have boys... who knows what they would have done with it!

Alan and Lynette said...

I just have to say I love that story:) I love how your girls come up with all sorts of names for every little creature:) Funny girls.