Thursday, December 30, 2010

Like Mother Like Daughters

This is the longest my hair has ever been! It reached my belt.

I had been wanting to cut my hair for awhile but hadn't gotten around to it. Well-I finally got around to it and chopped 17 inches!


Ever since we moved here, Kristen and I have often been confused for the other one. And having similar names doesn't help. We had to take this picture together before I cut my hair.


Not a great picture, but this was the only one I have (taken from my phone) that I am in the picture. I had been talking about chopping my hair for awhile, and finally did it without telling anyone. When I got home and had fixed my hair, I sent Mike a text asking him if he needed to come home for a kiss. He rarely comes home for lunch, but I didn't want to wait for him to come home at 5:30 to show him. Maybe he figured he'd be in trouble if he said he didn't need a kiss-so he came. He scooped up Brynlee and kissed and played with her. He gave me a kiss and we talked for five minutes or more without him noticing. Now, I can see that if I had only trimmed my hair-but 17 inches?! I started looking at him like he had missed something and finally held his face in my hands. Then he noticed, "Your hair!" He likes it short and his favorite is when I flip it out. Unfortunately, it doesn't work great here because of the humidity. It is typically wavy/not flipped by the end of the day. If anyone knows any tricks/products to solve that send them my way.

Because I chopped my hair, both of the girls wanted to also.

Long Hair Whitney

Long Hair Kenna
She's a little dramatic! Whitney cut off ten inches.

This was Kenna's first real cut since she grew hair (at two)! I had only ever trimmed it. She cut twelve inches.

Not long anymore!

They love having their hair short-but we all miss our long hair. Good thing it will grow back!

0 comments: