Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Brynlee liked Santa much better this year. :) When he walked in to the ward party she excitedly said, "He has whiskers!"

Yearly New Years' Eve Nativity puppet show

New Christmas Jammies
A few weeks before Christmas I had the girls shopping with me and we found Whitney and Kenna's jammies on clearance. They tried them on and loved them! But I told them I had decided that we probably wouldn't get them. They took the news much better than I thought they would. Then I sent them to take Bryn to the bathroom while I checked out. They asked me what I had done with the jammies and I told them that since I didn't have time to go back to the clothes section to put them back (which was true) I just gave them to the cashier-which was also true. I just paid for them instead of having her put them back. :) A little detail I left out. They were surprised and excited to open them on Christmas Eve when they were the jammies they had wanted.

The stockings were hung on the pictures with care. :)

Loving their new umbrellas

We love Auntie Mibi!

Bryn's new bike

Kaitlyn's new bow from Aunt Jenna.

Daddy and Bryn working on one of this year's Christmas puzzles.

This year for the Jones family service project, we were in charge and decided to assemble packages for the missionaries serving in each of our home wards. Everyone, including the kids, wrote testimonies in Books of Mormon for the missionaries to share with investigators. There were several other little things like 100 Grand candy bars to share with someone so they could remind them of their worth, etc. We also included nail polish for our sisters. The sisters in our ward were Sister Nishigaki from Japan and Sister Magno from the Philippines. We had them over for Christmas dinner and found out that they didn't have any other Christmas presents to open. Even though it was small, it was fun to have a gift for them.

Christmas dress photo shoot.
Bryn had a cold so we only went to Sacrament Meeting so we didn't spread it to all the kids in the Nursery. I didn't ever get pictures of the older two in their Christmas dresses because they were still at church for the photo session. Oops!

Bryn is so expressive! Such a silly girl!

Bryn LOVES her little sister and Kait loves her too!

0 comments: