Sunday, June 15, 2008

Road Trip 2008


After 2430 miles, we are back home and ready to be "real" bloggers. Lynette has been bugging me since I left her house. I am not sure I am ready to be tagged, but I will tell everyone about our fantastic road trip. We were gone for 10 days and it was hard to send Mike back to work!

First destination: Kansas - for everyone (except me) to meet Jake! (I got to meet him in February) The girls loved it - they couldn't get enough of him. It took us two days to get there. We stayed in a fabulous place called Ogallala, Nebraska. It kind of has a fun name. After a wonderful few days, we had to do the dreaded goodbyes and continued on our journey.

Next was on to Colorado to visit the Johanson Family. The girls loved playing together. And it was a great visit. We made so many memories along the way!

The girls are fantastic travelers - we are spoiled parents! It made it so nice! We had lots of fun things for them to do and different snacks and tricks and travel games and songs. Mike's favorite is the songs from when I was a kid. But even he warms up to them. (It usually takes him a few rounds though.) We packed PB and J so that we didn't have to stop too much at restaurants and it reminded me of traveling with my mom as a kid. We made many sandwiches on the road on our trips growing up. And I stole her idea to have a treat bag to pull out every hour if we had been good to choose a treat. It was a hit with my girls. If anyone is planning a long trip - I would be happy to email you some of our ideas that really work.



1 comments:

Brittney said...

The girls already look super tan! What gives? That's a really cute picture!