Sunday, June 15, 2008

Kansas

We made all kinds of memories in Kansas. Before we came, I asked Alan and Lynette to order a Kansas rain/lightening storm and for the fireflies to be out. Before we came, they hadn't seen any fireflies, but said they would put in an order. Our second night there, Lynette and I went on a walk and I spotted my first one! The next night we let the girls stay up and see them. It was exciting. And amusing to try to catch them in the dark. We weren't successful. Then on Monday morning it got VERY dark and we got our cool storm. Uncle Alan ran out to put out the garbage and came back in soaked. So we all changed into our swimming suits and played and splashed in the puddles in the back yard rain and lightening and all. The boys played frisbee - like they did I think everyday we were there - rain or shine. So I guess when Giffords put in an order - they get it!

The puddles were pretty muddy - imagine that! But we made a great memory. I guess sometimes you have to let kids be kids and what does it hurt if you are kids along with them.



Alan and Lynette's Love Sac was a hit. Here they are reading bedtime stories with Aunt Nette.

A few of the days we were there - we moved the Love Sac to the bottom of the stairs and launched into it. Even the prego girl! The flying was fun, but it was really hard to get back out!

Everyone (except Alan and I) rode the carosel. We went for it's 100th birthday party. It was great fun!

Alan and Mike played a LOT of frisbee - it went with us wherever we went.

We visited a beautiful rose garden. Jake wasn't really cooperating on the picture thing - but we did get a little smile - even if he isn't looking.


Our little family - my favorite part is how my belly button is ALREADY poking out!

The boys sent us out to lunch and shopping. It was so fun! Lynette is one of the few people I like shopping with. We laughed so hard! Anyone who knows her should ask about removing the box around the volleyball BEFORE trying to play with it! HA HA! (No, Lynette - I am not making fun of you! It made for a great laugh though.)



Lynette has some friends with girls our girls ages - they were instant friends, just add water (literally). They invited Whitney and Kenna over to jump on the tramp with a sprinkler underneath. They had a blast!

Nothing like a popsicle with friends on a hot, humid Kansas day!

2 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

YOU DID IT!!!! It looks great! We REALLY loved that trip:) Thanks again for coming!
PS...I found two more notes:) You're so cute!

My Angels said...

Great family picture! I love your background, you have to let me know where you got it. I saw the rest of your trip pictures on your sisters blog. It is gorgeous there. It looks like you had a blast, I am glad that you were able to make the trip.

Allison