Thursday, March 10, 2011

March

 Chillin' with Daddy

 First french braids
 Kaitlyn loves hanging out on her play mat.
 Consulting with Dr. Brett in Utah.
Kenna was hiding and chasing with Brynlee and hid around a corner. As Bryn came running down the hall, Kenna miscalculated how fast she was and jumped out to scare her just as Brynlee got there resulting in a forehead/lip collision. It was a pretty deep gash and naturally it happened at 5:05 PM so a doctor visit was an hour away. We called our friend who's a pediatric dentist (the coolest pedi doc in the world!) to get his opinion and were trying to explain it over the phone. Then Mike thought to use Skype to let him examine her lip. After looking at it, he suggested we wait until morning and then take her in. By morning, I couldn't really pull it apart anymore, so we just let it heal. Brett figured if it had already healed that much she would be fine. Thanks, Dr. Brett! Kenna was pretty mad because it happened only a few days before her birthday and she really didn't want a fat lip on her birthday. Funny girl!

Daddy and Bryn

I didn't get any pictures of Kenna's birthday because Mike was gone somewhere so I was on my own. We had had the girls over for breakfast-yummy rolly pancakes. Kenna wanted to have a beach party, but it got rained out so instead they watched Mermaidia. While they watched the movie I painted, stickered and french tipped everyone's toes. See why I didn't get any pictures?! I thought I had taken one of all their toes, but I guess not. The cupcakes turned out pretty cute!

Happy Birthday, Kenna!
Kenna's birthday was Sunday and we had the sister missionaries over for dinner.
Friends from Ephrata, Jay and Trina, back for another visit. We went to Angels for shave ice-YUMMY!
When we were in Idaho last July, Mike invited McKay Christensen, his boss from Melaleuca, to be a devotional speaker at BYU–Hawaii. He and his wife came and spoke two days before we left for a three-week trip to the mainland. Perfect timing and his devotional was great! Watch or read his devotional (a wonderful and moving message titled "Seeing Through Spiritual Eyes") at devotional.byuh.edu.
I'm not sure who put who to sleep :) He sure LOVES his little girls! And is an AMAZING Daddy! It takes a special man to be able to handle all girls!
Brynny still loves to hold Kaitlyn and Kait is usually pretty tolerant of all the love she gets from her big sister. It is getting a little more tricky as she is getting more mobile. I'm so excited to see their relationship continue to grow as I have had the pleasure of watching Whitney and Makenna. I always tell my girls that their sisters are their most important friends. I so enjoy watching them play and laugh together. Mom Pay Days!

1 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

Whew! That's a HUGE month!!!! Is it a fam tradition to blindfold the birthday girl? I LOL at the pic of the skype dr visit:) That's awesome. Your family is gorgeous...just have to get that out right now. :)