Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Springtime

When we were here interviewing I was talking to some moms about things I would miss if we moved here and told them I would really miss the seasons. One of them told me, "We have seasons here. My boys know when the waves are big - it's winter, and when they are small - it's summer." Ha ha!

I was a little afraid that I would miss out on Springtime living here. I do miss the drastic contrast of cold and snowy to warm and blossoms, but I have been happy to see that I won't completely miss out on new growth. These plumeria trees are in our front yard. When we moved here neither even had leaves. The bigger one is now beginning to bloom and the other is just barely starting to get buds for leaves. So here we sing "Popcorn popping on the plumeria tree!"

I love seasons of growth and new life. I guess that is what we've begun here - a new season of growth.



If you look close Whitney and Kenna are in the tree. They LOVE to climb this tree! (Against their father's will.) But can he really expect to have a great climbing tree and not let them climb?! I don't think so. It's part of being a kid, right?!

1 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

Sorry about the lack of seasons...That is a beautiful tree though...and smells SOOOO GOOD...a pretty good trade, right?