Saturday, May 8, 2010

Volleyball

We signed the girls up to play volleyball this year even though we were going to miss 4 of their 7 games. (Mike and I were in Asia for the last three Saturdays of the season.) I was sad that it was the last games we missed because they started getting the hang of the game. By the last game both Kenna and Whitney were getting their serves in and going for the ball when it came near them. They were so excited! They enjoyed playing and I love it that they are learning how to play. I have been trying to encourage volleyball since they were very young. Last year we bought season tickets to the BYU-Hawaii sports events and were pretty faithful fans for volleyball (and basketball). They really enjoyed watching the games, learning the rules and getting to know the players. I would love to have them continue to play. We bought a volleyball and practiced in the yard together. Hopefully there will be many more years of that! :)

Their coach was great and very patient with them. Kenna and Whitney were the only ones on the team that hadn't ever played. It was fun to watch them learn and improve.

Kenna's all smiles!

Whitney's all business!

Mike snapped this picture of me and I had to post it. Nothing like the mom who thinks she is coach from the stands (while ignoring my toddler attempting her stunts on the bleachers)!

7 comments:

Devine Family said...

Your girls are beautiful! I love the pic of you! I'm having flashbacks!

JoMama said...

Keep 'em coming, don't always comment, but I always read 'em. Sweet photo of you and Brynlee at the bottom. I hope that pregnancy is treating you well and congrats on another sweet baby girl!

The Johnsons said...

Love the coaching from the stands! I'm sure it's all positive . . .
Congrats on #4! I'm enjoying your "catching up" . . . you're nearly there!

Brittney said...

Cute!! I love seeing them play! They both look like they did very good! I LOVE the picture of you and Bryn. So funny!! Just makes me laugh! :)

riggs family said...

I love the pic of your coaching on the sides! I bet your girls were awesome volleyball players, afterall it's in their genes!

Desmond Doings said...

that looks like they had a lot of fun, and you did too. I would love to get my girls into something like that. I can't wait to see you. Love you tons

My Angels said...

Yup, that last picture made me laugh! Tooo Funny! Sounds like they'll be super stars when next season rolls around!