Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Day

It's May Day time again. The kids (and parents) all work so hard! During the preparation this year I was thinking that I wouldn't be sad if May Day didn't happen every year. Between the lost learning time for the kids and the time I put into making costumes, I wondered if it was even worth it. Then the performance came and I remembered why we do it! I was proud of both the girls! They did a great job!

The May Day Court.
The 6th grade class chooses a King and Queen and Princesses to represent each of the Hawaiian Islands. (Somewhat like a Homecoming Court.) It is a pretty big deal.

1st grade represented New Zealand.
Kenna was so excited to learn to dance with the poi balls. It is amazing how well it all comes together! (Kenna is in the front row, second from the left.)

She also got to be part of the group to do the sticks and she was excited about that, too.



2nd grade chose Arabia.
Whitney is in the back row in pink-about the center of the picture-smiling away! She smiled almost the whole time!

She LOVES her Jasmine costume!

0 comments: