Saturday, November 14, 2009

Surrogate Mom

This is my adorable friend, Kelsey (Teresa's daughter). Teresa took a last-minute mainland trip that happened to fall on the weekend of Kelsey's first girls' choice dance. I had the privilege of playing mom (aunt) for her getting ready for the dance. We talked and laughed and I helped fix her hair. I loved it and was honored that she would ask. I had a great time! It took me back to some fun dances I went to in high school and visions of the future helping my girls get ready for dances. I hope I can be a good mom for teenage girls and be good friends with them. Kelsey and Teresa have a great relationship. I continue to watch moms with their girls, taking notes, in hopes that I will have that kind of relationship with my girls as they get older.

0 comments: